To guarantee delivery for the start of September 2019, please ensure your order is placed with SWI Schoolwear by Monday 5th August 2019
Ordering Our School Uniform From SWI Schoolwear
Tarleton Academy Uniform & PE Kit Order Form & Size Guide 2019
Deliveries will either be sent to your home address or, during term time SWI Schoolwear operate a free of charge weekly delivery service into school.
Orders sent to home will have a small charge for postage and packing unless they are for £70 or more.
The Tarleton Academy uniform is available to order online from www.swi.co.uk
Sportswear International Limited
Whitehouse Industrial Estate
0845 519 0099 Fax: 0845 519 0055
SWI Schoolwear - Direct To Parent Guide
Our School Uniform is important to us. It is one way in which we identify ourselves as a school family and it promotes a strong, cohesive school identity which supports high standards and expectations in all areas of school life. It promotes a genuine sense of readiness to work and a focused frame of mind.
Smartness and high standards of appearance are expected at all times.
At Tarleton Academy, we believe that a school uniform is important, because it:
- Looks smart
- Is cost effective
- Contributes to a sense of belonging
- Fosters a feeling of pride
- Reduces ‘fashion competition’ between students
Our uniform has been chosen after extensive consultation.
Our School Uniform
- White shirt with top button fastened and shirt tails tucked into trousers/skirt
- V-necked school jumper
- Black school trousers or school badged skirt (skirts should be knee length)
- Black blazer with school badge
- Clip-on school tie
- Black socks (no higher than the knee)
- Tights should be without pattern and black. Socks should not be worn over tights.
Plain, black, smart, sturdy shoes.(Boots, trainers, pumps, fabric or high heels are not acceptable. For information, if you are unsure of the suitability of footwear, please ask a member of the pastoral team).
Acceptable footwear is at the discretion of the Headteacher.
Outdoor wear should be a plain dark coloured coat. Casual outer garments such as non-school jumpers, hoodies, fleeces, cardigans, leather or denim jackets etc. are not acceptable. Any other coloured or patterned outdoor coats must be removed on entry into school and should not be worn onsite during the school day.
We strongly advise that expensive branded outdoor clothing is not worn for daily school use as the school will not accept responsibility for the loss or damage to these items.
Dark coloured scarves and hats may be worn during cold weather but these should not be worn in the school buildings. Hoods should also not be worn within the school building.
Bags and Belongings
- Every student should have a school bag for school equipment.
- Bags should be sturdy and dark in colour.
Fashion Items / Other
Earrings: no more than one piercing per ear, (ear lobes only) with one plain gold or silver stud, which should be removed for P.E. Any other piercings will be removed in school.
Nose studs or retainers are not allowed and students will need to remove these in school.
No jewellery except for earrings (as above) and a watch. If a student needs to wear a piece of jewellery for medical or religious reasons, it should be removed or covered up during physical activity or during practical learning. Jewellery worn for medical or religious reasons will only be allowed once approval has been sought and agreed in writing in advance.
Hair should not obscure a student’s vision. Extreme hairstyles or colourings are not allowed. Hair should be cut no shorter than grade 2. If parents are unsure as to the suitability of a hairstyle, they should check with the pastoral team in school first. Hair accessories should be small, plain and black. No flowers or bows should be worn. Shaved patterns in hair or eyebrows will not be permitted.
Any make up worn in school should be discreet.
Nail varnish or false nails are not allowed.
Facial hair should be tidy and is therefore at the discretion of the Headteacher.
No student should have any tattoo which is visible (including swimming kit).
P.E. and Games Kit
- Purple polo shirt with school logo
- Black shorts with school logo
- Long Purple socks with school name
- Trainers; black soled not allowed
- Shin pads if required
- Black track suit bottoms with white piping
- Black Waterproof jacket with school logo and name
- Black waterproof bottoms with white piping
- Goggles (only allowed after parental permission form received by school)
- Black Micro Fleece with school logo
- One piece swimming costume, towel and hat.
- Black Multisport top with School logo
- Swimming trunks or swimming shorts – no Bermuda shorts or PE shorts, towel and hat
- Football / rugby boots – staff will notify when these are required
For all PE lessons (including indoor lessons) non-participating students must have a complete change of clothing, for example, trainers or football boots, tracksuit bottoms, T-shirt and a sweatshirt. They will be involved in the lesson in other ways to ensure that they are supervised at all times. Bringing a change of clothes ensures that your son/daughter still has a clean/dry uniform for school use and that they are suitably dressed to undertake a variety of roles such as sports leaders, officials and organisers.
Consequently if you send your child into school with a note explaining why they cannot participate then a change of clothing/footwear as detailed above will also be required.
Trainers are required for attendance and involvement at Active Lunch.
For further details of the school uniform and the way in which it should be worn please read the
School Uniform & Appearance Policy which can be found on the Policies webpage.