Personal Development Centre (PDC)
Tarleton Academy’s Personal Development Centre (PDC) provides a safe, nurturing and supportive environment. It encourages students to both talk and to listen. Students develop confidence and self-esteem through small group work and when appropriate one to one sessions. It helps to break down any barriers to learning students face at school.
Student Services Team
Mrs N Fairhurst - Executive Director of Student Services
Mrs J Fairhurst - Student Support Manager Years 9–11 & CEIAG
Miss Daly - Student Support Officer Years 7 & 8
Mrs Lewis-Jones – Administration Officer
Mrs Hammerton - Executive Student Services Manager
• To support vulnerable students with the transition from Primary School to the Academy.
• To support students after long term absence from school.
• To give students the opportunity to speak to a trusted adult about any concerns.
• To offer a quiet and safe environment for students to work if they are unable to access lessons.
• To work with small groups of identified students
If you feel your child may benefit from any aspect of student support or you have any queries, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 01772 812644