Home Learning Support
Ofqual has set out details for schools, students, parents & carers on how GCSEs will be awarded following the cancellation of this year's exams.
Please see HERE for details.
What work can Year 11 be getting on with in the summer term?
- Students should be contacting their post 16 provider to ensure that they follow the recommended bridging units for their specific course. Please find the latest information from our colleges HERE that has already been sent to you.
- Students may also want to work through our recommended reading and watch lists that have been published on our websites HERE
Staff will ...
1. Set the work on Classcharts
2. Set appropriate work so that students can practise, revise and review learning
3. Only correspond with students using their school email account
4. Reply to student emails within 48 hours where this is possible
Students will be expected to ...
1. Complete the work uploaded to Classcharts. Do this in the exercise books provided or by following the additional instructions provided by your teacher
2. As a minimum, everyday, complete 30 minutes of independent reading
3. Only correspond with staff using their school email account
In addition, to the work set on classcharts we expect every child to complete 30 minutes of personal reading there are a number of different texts suggested on the reading list which is available HERE
We recommend that where possible our students and their families remain active and a good way to achieve this is to take part in the PE with Joe Wicks live stream from The Body Coach’s YouTube channel at 9.00am each morning. The sessions remain on the channel so you can do them at any time.
The work may be completed in any order e.g. Year 7 do not have to do English, Maths, Science and Art/Design one after the other. In addition, we expect every child to complete 30 minutes of personal reading. Some recommended texts will be uploaded to ClassCharts by the English Department.
Year 7 – 10 Home Learning Update
Passwords for school emails can be reset through a request made HERE
Please follow the guidance below on how your child can continue their studies by using ClassCharts.
Parent and student login page to ClassCharts
Further guidance to help you use Class Charts and support your child's learning at home.
View tasks set for all students by their teachers
Please contact the school via the General Office on 01772 812644 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
As we have various online tools in use to aid students' learning, we want to make it as easy as possible for you to request usernames and/or password resets during times which students are working from home.
Please complete CLICK HERE to request a new username or password reset.
Any further questions you might have please email email@example.com